So, I was happily cutting and pasting code between iPhoneCoreDataRecipes and my iPhone app (the premium version of FindIt, if you must know) when I ran into the following error everywhere:
Expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'NSManagedObjectModel'
The object changed (i.e. it was not always 'NSManagedObjectModel') but the error was consistent. And yet I was copying everything over from the .m and .h files in the Apple example. Strange.
My first thought was checking that I had included the Core Data framework in the app. Yup. That wasn't it.
Then I realized--it was the global prefix file. I went and checked out the Apple example, and sure enough, Core Data was there. I just needed to through this into my
Hope this helps you too!